Should I Choose PPC?
PPC, or pay per click, can be an extremely powerful force in an integrated marketing setup. However, PPC isn’t necessarily the right choice in all situations. It’s important to do plenty of research before embarking on a PPC campaign, as it can be very expensive if not used correctly. When deciding if PPC is the right choice for your company, ask the following questions:
- Do I need a quick boost? PPC will appear in search results almost instantly. This is a great way to advertise a promotion or to give your business a shot in the arm. It’s much quicker than SEO in this way, since SEO can take months or even years to fully develop.
- Do I need a custom integrated marketing plan? Choose to zone in on specific locations, appear at certain times of day, not have ads appear on weekends or holidays; the user is entirely free to customize these unique PPC features.
- Do I not want to wait for SEO? Like the first point, since PPC is not connected to organic search results, it’s a good way to get results faster than SEO.
- Do I want to get around Google? PPC is completely immune to algorithm updates; it works regardless of issues that can affect organic search results.
- Do I want to do some A/B testing quickly? Since PPC generates traffic fast, it’s a great way to A/B test different content, designs, or calls to action on landing pages. This makes it easy to figure out which approach works best for a specific marketing plan very quickly.
It’s important to do your homework before embarking on PPC or any other integrated marketing plan. This is especially true with PPC, since it can get expensive very fast. PPC can be the immediate boost a business needs, but it has to be done well in order to produce a positive ROI.